So yeah... there's gonna be a LOT of ColourPop reviews in the future.
This specific quad caught my eye because a) KathleenLights curated it, and b) holy neutral metals and mattes! The colors (or Colours) were calling my name too forcibly to ignore, so poof, here we are.
ColourPop shadows are definitely not the norm. They're not powder, they're not mousse, they're not cream... they're some weird amalgamation of all three. The closest thing I can liken them to is the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes. Since they have an odd formula, the best way to apply them is either with dense synthetic brushes or with your fingers, however the latter gives the most intense effect.
The four shades that come in this set are:
- creamy vanilla
- this one is a little sheer and takes a little building up
- mid-tone warm caramel
- this one is also a bit sheer (it seems to be a matte thing) and blends out on the pinkier side
- works better as a transition shade than a crease shade on my lids
- bright golden copper
- my favorite!
- this one feels a bit slick and slippy when you're working with your fingers
- coco bronze sprinkled with with multi-dimensional glitter
- the base on this blends out pretty dang sheer, plus blending knocks all glitter away
- the glitter is pretty chunky, which makes application difficult
- best applied with fingers
I'm gonna level with you guys - I was expecting to love this... but I don't. There are a few consistency issues with 3 of the shades. The mattes don't bother me much, but the glitter in Blaze proved to be a problem when I was playing around. But the main reason I don't like this is because the super warm shades just don't look that great on me. Other than those things, there really isn't anything super wrong with it.
Size: 2.1 g per eyeshadow
- The shades are a cohesive palette
- KathleenLights is SUPER pigmented
- Good mix of mattes and shimmers
- Mattes are a bit sheer and pill a bit
- Blaze has fallout issues and the glitter makes application a pain
Cruelty free: Oui, cherie!
Final thoughts: This is a great neutral quad for people that like warm shades. The two mattes balance out the two ultra shimmery shades for a super glam eye look. There could be better consistency and pigmentation with the mattes and less chunky glitter with Blaze, but a little patience can surmount those issues.
More information about this product HERE.