Oh well... better late than never!
I did pretty well I think! I made off with a decent amount of stuff for waaay less than it was worth!
I grabbed the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (40% off), the two NYC Blushes (BOGO free), and the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Treatment from Rite Aid, and I of course have my 10% off store discount because I have impulse issues and shop here too often.
- I've lately been obsessed with twist up lip crayons and I gotta say that I truly enjoy the Revlon formula! It's minty, it's mositurize-y (but not greasy), and these things never seem to wear down!
- The blushes on the other hand... I'm kinda on the fence about them. Sure, they're each under $5 a pop, but their packaging is criminally flimsy and they're a little sheer. I'd liken them to MAC Sheertone blushes, but the wear time/pay off isn't as good.
- I've always HATED the Organix brand, but my hair needed some serious moisture lovin' and I didn't have a ton of cash to drop on a certain $30 cult favorite. I've gone through a considerable amount of this stuff since I use it about every other day as a supplemental conditioner, and all I've got to say is eh, but kind of yay. It's definitely one of the better Organix products because it hasn't caused my hair to dry out and spontaneously combust (true story, by the way), but even though it does contribute a bit to the overall smoothness and manageability of my hair, I was hoping for more.
The other things I went to my local Fred Meyer for. Naturally I got some deals there too! I had a $2 off coupon for the L'Oreal concealer stick and the Maybelline Color Tattoo (I've finally bought something from the metals collection btw), and the Milani products were BOGO 50% off!
- I kinda love the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer. It's a very odd, but super blendable (durr), formula that gives the right amount of coverage while still maintaining a fairly natural appearance. Unfortunately it doesn't match my skin tone perfectly since the undertone is a bit off, but then again, these sticks are "supposed" to fit a range of either 2 or 3 skin tones per shade.
- Even though Barely Branded is a little too light and far too frosty for my tastes, this Color Tattoo has really impressed me! The consistency, blending ability, and non-patchy uniformity is a lot better with this shade than most of the others that I own from the original line. Unfortunately it does transfer and crease like a mo' fo' if not used over a primer and then set with a powder shadow so that brings it down a few points in my book.
- I've got two things to say about the Milani Color Statement Lipstick (Naturally Chic) and Milani Color Statement Lip Liner (09 Spice): MAGNIFIQUE! And I hate all wooden pencil format packaging. But seriously, that is the only negative here.
My poor TOMS, which were my everyday shoes, finally bit the dust with a total of 5 holes between the two. I saw these navy Keds with white polka dots and I KNEW I had to have them! Fred Meyer also had them on sale so I got them for a few bucks off as well. <3