Anyways, back on track. I assimilated this tiny assortment of beauty products between the span of Christmas and a few days ago. I'm actually really proud of myself for only getting things I've either been wanting for years, have plans on reviewing/making tutorials with, or just limited edition products that I've really put some thought into.
Lorac Mega Pro 2
- After missing out on the original last year, I was a little grumpy. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't immediately drawn to this one because it has a TON of really light shades and a lot of cool colors, that upper right hand corner of the mattes were calling to me so strongly I couldn't resist. After looking at a lot of other people's swatches because I'm not quite ready to besmirch this beauty, I actually found a few shades outside that little rectangle that I think are really gonna jive with me. However, I am still a little apprehensive of using it on my channel because even though a hell of a lot more people have this one opposed to last years model, it's still limited edition and I don't want to go making a ton of tutorials with a palette that isn't readily available. What do you guys think? Should I make a few tutorials with it, or what?
Marvis Jasmine Mint Toothpaste
- Yeah, toothpaste is kind of an odd thing to find on a beauty blog when the post isn't being sponsored (ZING!), but I've no joke wanted to try this brand out for probably 4 years now. I finally buckled a few nights ago when I had to push up my Amazon Prime NOW order to $20 in order to get a delivery, and I just happened to run across this. Ultimately, I was a little worried that the jasmine would be weird with the mint, but I actually really like it. It's kind of like brushing your teeth with a VERY refreshing cup of jasmine tea. Me gusta.
Tarte Tartelette in Bloom
- I'm actually gonna let y'all in on a secret about upcoming videos, but I bought this for the Valentines Day season because the romantic warm tones are very reminiscent of florals and all that sappy junk... plus this sucker can churn out one dank grungy halo eye. Again, this is another product that I was a little iffy about getting because my past experiences with tarte shadows are that they're not so great, but that is mercifully not the case with these.
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water
- Ok, so I originally saw this sucker in Northridge at the end of November, but I didn't buy it because I was (and still really am) flat broke at the time. Basically, I've been on a wild goose chase all over Chula Vista, Corvallis, Salem, and Redmond to find one of these f*ckers because they are ELUSIVE. I finally managed to track one down at a CVS and snatched it up right away. I've been wanting to try this since they launched in Canada a while ago. I ran out of my Simple Micellar water last month and was waiting to find this, buuuut... so far I'm preferring my Simple one better. Bummer deal.
Urban Decay Smoked Palette
- This was actually a gift from my adopted mom Jen and I'm super grateful that she got it for me. I've been low key wanting it since it launched about 4 years ago, but now that they're discontinuing it, it was kind of a now or never situation, so thanks again, Jen! I've tried twice to film this one stupid tutorial with it, but each time I hate the footage, so I'm trying to find a happy place right now so I can have the mental strength to film it for the third and (hopefully) last time.
Well, that wraps that up!