A Small Sephora Treat

Tuesday, February 21, 2017


Now that my life is on a more minimalistic path, I try to buy things with purpose or after fairly extensive research like grabbing samples. Sometimes, however, things manage to slip through the cracks. While at Sephora getting color matched for a sample of concealer to test out, I caved and picked up a sheet mask - they're relatively guilt-free impulse buys for me since they tend to be under $10 and I know with absolute certainty that I'll use them. Personally, I feel really skanky if I ask for samples somewhere without buying something little, so I'm not really mad about a $9 sheet mask in exchange for some concealer and two 100 point perks. This little investigative excursion turned into quite the treat! I was super pleased to see that there was not only a generous sized sample of a face moisturizer I've had my eye on for a few weeks, but also a rose-scented perfume (a huge weakness of mine). For only $9, this was quite a haul of products that actually hold purpose to me and my life.


First up is the big-ticket item - the Dr. Jart+Brightening Solution Ultra-Fine Microfiber Mask. This mask is supposed to target discoloration and brighten the complexion, which are both very appealing to me, since I have pretty severe post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) and a complexion that takes on a dull appearance quickly. I've actually already used this and filmed a Mask Monday on it, which you can find linked HERE for your viewing pleasure. What I can say is that it was a very enjoyable experience from beginning to end, but my spots are still as angry as they were. I may end up repurchasing this or experimenting with the rest of the line at some point.



I've been eyeballing the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for a couple weeks now. I'm nearing the end of my current - and not much liked - day moisturizer and I'm on the hunt for something better to replace it. I have oily skin that seems to get even oilier with most moisturizers, light or not, but I've heard good things about this one and I'm delighted to give it a go!



The other 100 point perk that I snapped up was more of an impulse, but I'm glad I did. I saw the word "Rose" and had to have it! This little rollerball of Clean's "Blonde Rose" is quite a generous size and mercifully it's smells frickin' bomb! I love rose scents, but I also prefer to have more masculine perfumes because they gel with my personality and laid-bad semi-androgynous style. "Blonde Rose" is a perfect blend of the two! It honestly smells like a slightly feminine, yet still notably masculine cologne and I couldn't be happier with it!


Lastly we have the item that I originally came in for - a sample of the tarte Maracuja Creasless Concealer. I was color matched to the shade "Light Sand", but unfortunately it ended up being too light on me. The coverage on this was alright and so was the consistency, but it just looked odd and patchy because of the color difference. I haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I want to go try a darker shade because it's pretty comparable to the Glossier Stretch Concealer that I've been using. Eh... only time will tell! The search for a good, squeeze-tube full-coverage concealer continues!


1 comment:

  1. Good thing you picked up a sample first before buying! I feel a bit skeezy as well when I take samples and not buy anything, but I try to keep in mind that it's my responsibility as a consumer to be a smart shopper.
    Ela | www.stealingyoursunbeams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top