This liquid lip color comes in a pretty normal looking tube:
The applicator is an elongated, flat doe foot:
As you can tell by the picture above, a LOT of product comes off on the applicator and the actual wand itself which leads to some issues with application, but we will get into that after the jump.
Before we get on with my commentary, here is what Wet n Wild has to say about their newest addition to the MegaLast line:
Intense liquid color with built-in moisturizer provides one step application for weightless, ultra-conditioning wear that lasts up to 8 hours. ElastiSilk formula combines flexible color adhesion with silky smooth pigments for transfer-proof, even application. Paraben-free formula conditions and moisturizes with vitamin E that helps promote anti-aging, protects the skin's moisture barrier, and balances the lip's natural hydration for a healthy-looking, plump pout all day.To all of which, I say "HA"! Normally Wet n Wild puts out some pretty good quality items for their prices, but I found this liquid lip color to be a total dud that meets only three of the many claims made about it. I could prattle on and on with many paragraphs about the negative points of this product, but to keep things short, sweet, and (presumably) not boring, I'll just match up my experiences to their claims.
- Built-in moisturizer: No. If there really is a moisturizer in here, I really can't tell. I've tried this with bare lips and lips slathered in lip balm and either way it makes my lips feel parched.
- Weightless: No. It's more like a thick layer of rapidly drying and cake-y sludge.
- Ultra-conditioning: No. We're being a little redundant here. See number 1.
- Wear that lasts up to 8 hours: Yes and no. This product has terrific staying power... just as long as it isn't around moisture. The product that was towards the edges of my lips could survive a nuclear blast, but the product near the more moist center of my lips wore off within 30 minutes, which left a section of my lips looking like I had simply forgotten to apply the product there. There is also a downside to it's staying power. Removal requires vigorous scrubbing. No bueno.
- Flexible color adhesion: Yes. No cracking or feathering here. It managed to stay put through yawns, smiles, frowns and many other facial expressions... but is that really impressive? This seems pretty standard for all lip colors.
- Silky smooth pigments: No. It's only silky when wet. The lip color loses a lot of it's smooth feel about 10 seconds after it starts to dry, and then it just feels odd and gummy.
- Transfer proof: No. It came off on skin, straws, cups, etc. Companies need to stop making this claim about lip products.
- Even application: Yes. This applies in the most uniform and even way. I've never gotten this kind of even application out of any other liquid lip color before (drugstore OR high end).
Stage one (application): Wow! That is some pretty impressive pigmentation.
Stage two (starting to dry): Hmmm... this is beginning to feel a bit funky...
Stage three (fully dried): Oh ew... this feels like a load of heavy, sticky gunk!
Stage four (after several minutes of wear): Well, some of it has already worn off. I guess I'll take it off... *tries to use a makeup remover wipe to get it off*. Hey, wait! WHY ISN'T IT COMING OFF! *scrubs vigorously* GET OFF GET OFF! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
Size: 0.23 fl oz/6.8 mL
Availability: wnwbeauty.com or anywhere Wet n Wild products are sold.
- Fantastic pigmentation
- Even application
- Doesn't feather
- Opacity for DAAAAAYYYSSSS
- Feels like a thick layer of sticky, congealed sludge on the lips after drying
- Wears off easily if applied to moist parts of the lip
- Does not come off without a fight
- Doesn't meet most of the product claims
- Feels drying
- The applicator picks up too much product
- It "pills" on the lip when the product affected by moisture wears off
Cruelty Free: Yes
I would definitely pass this up if I were you. The Wet n Wild MegaLast lipsticks are a buck cheaper and outperform these, with the exception of wear time.
Overall Rating: 1/10