Last Week in Review (August 7 - August 13)

Sunday, August 14, 2016

In contrast to last last week, I actually got a lot done! Yaaaay! I feel really happy with my production rate last week and I'm aiming to keep it that way for the next year. Yep, today is my birthday. Another year older, another layer of age-related anxiety and regret... like being kicked out of the family health insurance plan in a few years. Can't we go back to when birthdays were fun and you got to invite all your friends over for cake and ice cream? I'm really not digging this whole "another nail in the coffin" birthday schtick that comes with adulthood. Anyways, I'm sure you're not here to hear me kvetch about how sad I am about being an old fart. On to the makeup!










Hand cream is actually a huge part of my life. I cannot stand having dry hands, plus the small minute long break that is applying it and massaging it in is a nice little way to treat myself throughout the day. I reviewed the SkinFix Ultra Rich Hand Cream, who is the current resident on my desk. 






This was my first introduction to Tony Moly sheet masks. Out of all the ones that I've tried (most of which were cheap, American varieties), this one is definitely on the better end of the spectrum. I have a whole hoard of these stocked up for upcoming Mask Mondays.











Me and lip balms have had a long, long love affair. I managed to whittle down my stash to my top 5 in my Tuesday post











On Wednesday I tried out this bizarre brow product from PÜR Cosmetics called "Browder". It's basically brow powder in a tube and the packaging totally threw me when I first took it out of the box. You can find my review here.











Thursday's video was totally outside my normal scope of things. I know I do a lot of wearable makeup looks on my channel, well wearable as in simple and not over-the-top, but I wanted to test the waters with something as unobtrusive as a few bright colored dots on my face. Faux freckles are a fun little trend that surfaced this year and I thought I'd put my two cents and personal spin on them before the summer is over.









If you know me, you know I dislike bright, loud pinks. Personally I find them to be horrendously tacky when I wear them since they clash with my toned-down and almost masculine style and personality. Slathering Bdellium Tools "Pink Cadillac" on my lips wasn't the ideal way to spend my Friday, but I do it for you, dear reader.












Saturday marks the second to last decluttering video for this time around! That being said, I'm already itching to declutter again! I've been streamlining my life and I've gotten rid of so many things outside of my makeup collection over the past few months and now my already slimmed-down cosmetics stash feels overly bulky.

The best part about getting older are the free things from your favorite stores! I picked up my Sephora and Ulta birthday gifts and I've gotta say that Ulta is kicking Sephora's ass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top