Sephora and Ulta Birthday Gifts | a.k.a Happy Birthday to Me!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Today is my birthday! If I was a normal person I would be enthused, but having a birthday in one of the hottest months of the year and also experiencing nearly 2 decades of my friends not being able to make it to my parties because everyone is out vacationing has put a bit of a sour spin on turning a year older for me. At least I have freebies from two of my favorite stores to console me being a year older and away from 99% of my friends and family.





Sephora


This year you had a choice between a Fresh skin care set and a Marc Jacobs makeup set. As much as I love skincare, I'm always going to choose free high-end makeup over it. Since these type of gifts need to be people pleasers, Sephora went with a neutral lip that would work as a MLBB for a lot of people and a black eyeliner. Since I'm not a VIB Rouge, even though I wish I had the financial capacity to be, I just got these two little guys. VIBR members got an extra little something in their birthday gift.


Ulta


As much as I love Sephora, Ulta has them beat when it comes to loyalty perks. I'm still a bit iffy on them changing their birthday gift every 4 months thought because there have been some great ones I miss out on, but this year's is smashing! A free, full-sized Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy with special purple packaging! EEEK! I'm Platinum over at Ulta (i.e. I spent $400+ there in a calendar year opposed to the grand over at Sephora), so I got an additional gift of a $10 coupon I could use on anything. I ended up buying two sheet masks - big surprise there - instead of a high end thing because I wanted to keep my balance at zero... plus I really wanted to try out a Leaders mask.


Here's to another year older (uuughhh)! Happy birthday, me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! The UD eyeshadow is gorgeous! I love sheet masks. I haven't tried the Tony Moly brand.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Marc Jacobs liner, I've nearly finished mine and its #ballin.

    (happy birthday)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top