Sephora and Ulta Birthday Gifts | a.k.a Happy Birthday to Me!
Sunday, August 14, 2016
Today is my birthday! If I was a normal person I would be enthused, but having a birthday in one of the hottest months of the year and also experiencing nearly 2 decades of my friends not being able to make it to my parties because everyone is out vacationing has put a bit of a sour spin on turning a year older for me. At least I have freebies from two of my favorite stores to console me being a year older and away from 99% of my friends and family.
This year you had a choice between a Fresh skin care set and a Marc Jacobs makeup set. As much as I love skincare, I'm always going to choose free high-end makeup over it. Since these type of gifts need to be people pleasers, Sephora went with a neutral lip that would work as a MLBB for a lot of people and a black eyeliner. Since I'm not a VIB Rouge, even though I wish I had the financial capacity to be, I just got these two little guys. VIBR members got an extra little something in their birthday gift.
As much as I love Sephora, Ulta has them beat when it comes to loyalty perks. I'm still a bit iffy on them changing their birthday gift every 4 months thought because there have been some great ones I miss out on, but this year's is smashing! A free, full-sized Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy with special purple packaging! EEEK! I'm Platinum over at Ulta (i.e. I spent $400+ there in a calendar year opposed to the grand over at Sephora), so I got an additional gift of a $10 coupon I could use on anything. I ended up buying two sheet masks - big surprise there - instead of a high end thing because I wanted to keep my balance at zero... plus I really wanted to try out a Leaders mask.
Here's to another year older (uuughhh)! Happy birthday, me!
- Stilazzi Synthetic Brush S122 Review
- Crown Brush Ultra Skinny Eye Marker Review + Swatc...
- Glossier Soothing Face Mist Review
- Glossier Deal! Save $9 on 3 Best Sellers! Plus sav...
- Sephora and Ulta Birthday Gifts | a.k.a Happy Birt...
- Last Week in Review (August 7 - August 13)
- Bdellium Tools "Pink Cadillac" Auto Lip Crayon Rev...
- PÜR Browder Perfecting Brow Powder Review + Swatch...
- My Top 5 Favorite Lip Balms
- Last Week in Review (July 31 - August 6)
- Skinfix Ultra Rich Hand Cream Review
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser Review
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2013 (43)
Powered by Blogger.