While my wardrobe choices stick to exclusively to my lesbian chic vibe, my tastes in fragrances are a little more varied. Spicy, fresh, floral, or sappy sweet... my preference changes daily and I'd like to share with you my favorite perfumes.
1) Love + Toast Juniper Gin Roller Ball, $12. Juniper Gin is an almost unisex scent. It reminds me of the cologne that my father used to don every Sunday for church when I was a child, but there's a small hint of femininity peeking through the strong, zesty scent. Citrus zest, white floral, fresh cut greens, and oddly enough mineral salt make this intoxicating elixir a bold, yet unoffensive choice.
2) Jimmy Choo Blossom, $60. In stark contrast to the more masculine Juniper Gin, Jimmy Choo Blossom is syrupy sweet and super feminine. The sweet red berry scent, which I normally associate with middle and high school if we're being honest here, is definitely the main note, but unlike the massive cloud of body spray I endured in the locker room, this perfume is cut with citrus, sweet pea, roses and white musk to give it a slightly more mature edge against those sugary sweet juvenile scents.
3) Molton Brown Fiery Pink Pepper, $65. This complex, spicy scent is what I spritz on when I want the world to know that I mean business. Pink pepper, tangerine, and elemi oil are what first hit your senses, followed by a more subdued spiced layer of nutmeg and ginger with hints of patchouli and sandalwood.
4) Balenciaga Rosabotanica, $130. Rosabotanica, at least to me, smells like a blend of Fiery Pink Pepper and Juniper Gin. There's that spice factor, but the freshness and salty bite as well. Experimental rose, pink pepper, and fig leaf pops upon first sniff, but the more subtle, warm scents of cardamom, cedar, and white wood start to bloom the longer you're exposed.
5) Elizabeth and James Nirvana White, $80. Nirvana white is feminine, but deep and sophisticated. Peony dances with musk and muget to create a simplistic, yet intriguing fragrance. Even though it's counterpart, Nirvana Black, didn't make the list, it deserves an honorable mention as a perfume to layer with this and create a more warm and sensual scent.
What are your favorite scents? Do you like to dabble like I do, or are you a persona with a signature sent? Let me know in those comments!