Just because I'm on a spending ban for the rest of the month doesn't mean I can't share the love! I decided to throw together a little list of some of the more pricey buys from Sephora that I think are worth it, but I normally can't repurchase because of the price - however the 10%-15% sale for Sephora customers makes the price tag a little more palatable! Before we get into the products, here are the coupon codes and dates of the sale for all three tiers of Sephora shoppers:
- VIB Rouge 15% off "ROUGENOTE" (April 7th - 13th)
- VIB 15% off "VIBNOTE" (April 8th - 13th)
- BI 10% off "BINOTE" (April 9th - 12th)
1) Benefit Cheekathon Blush & Bronzer Palette, $58. I'm a big fan of Benefit's boxed powders and I would be exceptionally tempted to break my spending ban if I didn't already have all of these products already. All of these shades perform beautifully - they're pigmented, buttery, and blend like a dream plus there is a wide variety of shades to shift with the seasons or your current makeup mood. Oh, and to make this 5 pan palette containing Dallas, Dandelion, Hoola, Coralista, and Rockateur an even bigger bargain, all of the pans are full sized. You're basically paying for 2 boxed powders and getting 3 free. Pick this up NOW!
2) NARS Laguna Bronzer, $39. NARS Laguna Bronzer is pretty much legendary in the makeup world, and for a good reason too. The bronzer is pigmented, but not too pigmented, easily blended, never orange or fake looking, and has a subtle golden sheen that never looks shimmery. This bronzer is one of my Holy Grail products and my go-to year round bronzer.
3) Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick, $26. I adored Bite's old, and now discontinued, Luminous lipsticks so I was a little sad to hear that they were being replaced, but the longer lasting and more matte replacements are just as good if not better. This line launched with a ton of shades running from light nudes to reds, pinks, violets, corals, oranges, and deep vampy shades. There's a lipstick in there for just about everyone. The outstanding formula and delicious citrusy scent makes this a must have in my opinion.
4) Bésame Classic Color Lipsticks, $22. These adorable historic lipsticks aren't only vintage looking, they're also vintage inspired. The shades range from the 1920s up until 1970, meaning there are lots of reds, roses, and brown based shades. I picked up Chocolate Kiss, a lovely red brown, a few weeks back and I was immediately amazed with how pigmented and long wearing the formula is. These are definitely worth a look at.
5) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, $45. I know that a lot of people rave about these finishing powders, so I'm not gonna prattle on about this, but I am going to say that there is some kind of voodoo magic in here that makes the finish look supernaturally good. I don't know what it is, but it makes you look like a gossamer, soft focus fairy queen.
6) Burberry Pale Barley Silk Shadow, $29. Yes, almost $30 does sound a little insane to spend on a single shadow, but that's why you waited until the VIB sale, right? Pale Barley is a gorgeous everyday shadow that is understated, but still quite handsome. It works well with other shadows, or as a single wash of color over the lid making it perfect for minimalist beauty lovers.
7) tarte Tartelette In Bloom Palette, $39. On the other end of the spectrum, for $10 more you can get a fabulous palette from tarte that has 12 eyeshadows, 9 of which are matte. The warm shades in this are very on trend right now and can be used for light everyday makeup or darkened up for something a little more smokey and sexy.
8) Urban Decay Brow Box, $30. I've been a fan of this product for years - heck, maybe even half a decade. This compact little box has two shades of brow powder, brow wax, two mirrors (one magnifying), two angled brow brushes, and a pair of slanted tweezers. This guy is perfect to travel with since it has everything you need for a brow look, bar perhaps a spoolie brush.
9) Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, $48. If you've got issues with post inflammatory hypermigmentation (a.k.a those pesky dark spots that pop up after zits), then this nigh treatment is worth a look. It's wonderfully hydrating, and definitely expedites the fading of dark spots. Every night I use this I notice a visibly brighter complexion the morning following.